The Process of Teaching Meditation with Carolyn Anne Budgell.
The Process of Teaching Meditation: A teacher training/intensive
with Carolyn Anne Budgell.
Friday March 23rd
Saturday March 24th
7:30-9:30AM AND 1:30-4:OOPM
Sunday March 25th
$275 plus tax
Carolyn has been teaching meditation workshops, weekly intensives, silent retreats, one-on-ones and all types of corporate sessions for over 7 years. She has studied with Adyashanti, Reggie Ray and Tara Brach: some of the most influential teachers in the West today. She's very excited to offer this course for those wanting to deepen their skills of meditation and teaching, for the first time ever.
It's hard to call this a teacher training (a weekend or even a month seems inadequate...) but she hopes you'll leave with the following insights:
- an understanding of the history and pillars of Buddhist thought, the main goals of meditation and scientific findings on a brain that meditates.
- uncovering your own healing process, the nature of your own ego & mind.
- how to teach various types of meditation (from beginner to advanced), how to present potent questions (ie themes).
- fundamentals for the teacher (trust, space, personal practice, no expectations), teaching from a place of authenticity/embodying presence, holding space for all the good and bad moments during class.
- experience with practice-teaching to the group
- learning through additional class observation and assignments