The Process of Teaching Meditation: a teacher training/intensive with Carolyn Anne Budgell.
Carolyn has been teaching meditation workshops, weekly intensives, silent retreats, one-on-ones and all types of corporate sessions for over 7 years. She has studied with Adyashanti, Reggie Ray and Tara Brach: some of the most influential teachers in the West today. She's very excited to offer this course for those wanting to deepen their skills of meditation and teaching, for the first time ever.
It's hard to call this a teacher training (a weekend or even a month seems inadequate...) but she hopes you'll leave with the following insights:
- an understanding of the history and pillars of Buddhist thought, the main goals of meditation and scientific findings on a brain that meditates.
- uncovering your own healing process, the nature of your own ego & mind.
- how to teach various types of meditation (from beginner to advanced), how to present potent questions (ie themes).
- fundamentals for the teacher (trust, space, personal practice, no expectations), teaching from a place of authenticity/embodying presence, holding space for all the good and bad moments during class.
- experience with practice-teaching to the group
- learning through additional class observation and assignments
Nov 25 & 26th at One Yoga for the People Vancouver
Saturday 7:30-9:30am and 1:30-4pm, Sunday 7:30-9:30am and 1:30-4pm. Eligible for 10 hours YA Continuing Education Credits
$275 plus tax
(two spots open for scholarship at 50% off)