The Process of Teaching Meditation
The Process of Teaching Meditation:
An intensive for Teachers, with Carolyn Anne Budgell
Friday March 15th
Saturday March 16th
Sunday March 17th
7:30-9:30am AND 1:30-4:00PM
Eligible for 12.5 hours YA Continuing Education Credits. $275 plus tax
Carolyn has been teaching meditation workshops, weekly intensives, silent retreats, one-on-ones and all types of corporate sessions for over 7 years. She has studied with Adyashanti, Reggie Ray and Tara Brach: some of the most influential teachers in the West today. Join her for this exciting course if you feel the call to deepen your meditation practice and/or teaching offerings.
You'll leave with the following insights:
- an understanding of the history and pillars of Buddhist thought, the main goals of meditation and scientific findings on a brain that meditates.
- uncovering your own healing process, the nature of your own ego & mind.
- how to teach various types of meditation (from beginner to advanced), how to present potent questions (ie themes).
- fundamentals for the teacher (trust, space, personal practice, no expectations), teaching from a place of authenticity/embodying presence, holding space for all the good and bad moments during class.
- hands-on experience with practice-teaching to the group
- learning through additional class observation and assignments
* must be an instructor or have been practicing yoga/meditation for 2 years.